Though I no longer show up soggy for school, I now glisten with perspiration. Somehow my Korean co-workers always look perfect, but I spend frantic minutes before my first class drying off with Kleenexes and reapplying deodorant. To my knowledge, there have not (yet) been any complaints about my appearance and/or scent.
The blazing sun and significant sweating are perfect justification for increasing my ice cream intake and trying to keep up with the Kims. There are days when I swear everyone I pass on the street is eating ice cream in some shape or size. One treat that's pretty popular with kids is a fantastic invention that trades the sometimes awkward licking of an ice cream cone – or the painful biting of an ice cream bar or the hassle of having a cup and spoon – for the slightly less awkward motion of sucking ice cream from a nozzle in a pouch. Ice cream in a bag is amazing.
And so begins the final third of my Korean teaching career. Saw a few things today that made me happy to be here:
T-shirt of the day - On a fourth-grade girl: "Hello Boys!"
Awww moment of the day - A brother and sister, maybe 13 and 11 years old, were riding the bus. The girl was leaning her head on his shoulder for a nap, and he took off her little red glasses, gently replaced her head in a better position, then carefully folded the glasses and held them in his lap.
Hard to understand sign of the day - At a coffee and gelato shop inexplicably called Salpresso (exactly as it appeared):
SALPRESSO
Enjoy The Life
Enjoy The Best Coffee
savoring a smell of
life as treating one
-'s life. coffee at yo
-ung days. there is
a time when you n
-eed coffee.
how about having a
fascination of mind


No comments:
Post a Comment