04 November 2011

Reentry Preparation I

In just TEN SHORT DAYS, I'm breaking up with Korea and getting these feet back on US soil. I'm a little nervous about transitioning to the cold weather (it's currently 69° in Incheon), acclimating to Western food, and, you know, finding a job. I'm also worried about confusing people when I talk. It has been many many months of not only simplifying and slowing down my English to accommodate unfamiliar ears (and adopting Konglish versions of English phrases), and also many months of struggling to learn Korean words, then constantly using the easy words I eventually mastered.

I realized how easily Korean (finally) rolls off my tongue when recently my mom asked if we could talk in ten minutes and my answer was, "Nay." It might take a while for the Korean flair to fade from my vocabulary, so until then, please diligently study this chart (the first of a few) in order to keep up with me and show me you care about the culture I embraced for the past 11.75 months.


No comments:

Post a Comment